Join us this May 10 as we celebrate World Fair Trade Day. When you choose a product from committed fair trade brands like Alaffia, Alter Eco, Canaan Fair Trade, Divine Chocolate, Dr. Bronner’s Magic Soaps, Equal Exchange, Farmer Direct Co-operative, Guayaki Yerba Mate and Maggie’s Organics, each fair trade product you choose supports:
- Long-term direct trading relationships
- Prompt payment of fair prices and wages
- No child, forced or otherwise exploited labor
- Workplace non-discrimination, gender equity and freedom of association
- Safe working conditions and reasonable work hours
- Investment in community development projects
- Environmental sustainability
- Traceability and transparency
Your purchase has power. Learn which of your favorite products are fair trade. Choose them with pride on World Fair Trade Day and throughout the year.
What is World Fair Trade Day
World Fair Trade Day is an annual global celebration occurring each May. Celebrations bring consumers and businesses, nonprofit organizations, churches, student groups, and advocates together to host thousands of events worldwide. This year, World Fair Trade Day is May 10.
What is Fair Trade?
Fair Trade is a social movement and market model that aims to empower small-scale farmers and workers in underdeveloped countries to create an alternative trading system that supports equitable trading, sustainable development and long-term trading relationships. Fair trade supports fair prices and wages for producers, safe working conditions, investment in community development projects, and the elimination of child labor, workplace discrimination and exploitation.
We will have a free raffle on Saturday, May 10th. You can win assorted Fair Trade items! Come on in to the Co-op!